Friday, September 6, 2013

"In New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of..."

It's always fantastic to be in the Big Apple! I headed here for a wedding and to see some friends. My besty, Susie, was also in town, so we got to hang out. When I arrived at JFK, Moe, Susie and I hung out for the day in the Brooklyn area. It may have been Queens, but I couldn't tell the difference. I was a bit exhausted and didn't really know what to do in that area. We headed into the city to get Korean food. At this time, my friend Zac had joined us and we were all famished. I was excited to get Korean food in NYC! Eating is always a joyful time especially with family and friends!

 Breakfast Time!


 Korean Food with Susie, Moe and Zac.

Soon Doobu! Delicious
Reflecting back on my five days in the Big Apple, I realized how busy I was. You never realize how much work you are capable of doing when you are determined to stick with your plans. Yes, I had work to do. Despite that, I was able to finish it all and stick to most of my plans! Fabulous!
On Wednesday, I headed out on my journey to claim the Cinderella Broadway tickets I bought. I did get lost. NYC Subway is no walk in the park. It's not as simple as SF Bart. Two hours later I got the tickets and met Susie at MOMA. We decided to save MOMA for another time as it was going to close in a couple hours. There was no way we could have seen everything in such a short time. We stopped by Time Square for dinner and then watched the show. Cinderella was really magical! I was surprised to be singing along with some of the songs. I didn't know I knew them. I guess I have the 1997 Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella film to thank for that. VHS days baby!! That was my first broadway show. I was so happy! I was not disappointed at all. It was definitely a whole nother world watching a broadway show! I am so addicted. I want to watch another broadway show!

 Around MOMA area

Time Square for Dinner

 It's Showtime!
My First Broadway Show!
The next day I had met Susie for lunch before she headed back to PA. We ate at The Grey Dog. It was a cute and urban little cafe. The waiters tag your table with bandanas, which was unique. I had a tuna melt and iced coffee. They both satisfied my tummy. At Penn Station, I dropped Susie off and said my "See you again soon." Afterwards I headed out on my journey to Chobani in SOHO. I didn't really factor in how far of a walk it was from Penn Station. It was quite a stroll, but I saw some cool things on the way. I even popped into Bath & Body Works to get the "Carried Away" body wash. "Carried Away" fragrance smells so good! Try it the next time you stop into Bath & Body Works. As I strolled down along into the direction of SOHO, rain had hit. It had come down pouring, so I had run into Subway to wait it out. I had bought a bottle of water and had stayed for a bit since there was an outlet to charge my phone.
 Lunch at The Grey Dog


Thunder Buddies for everyone!

I finally made it to Chobani! Smaller than I imagined. I wished it was a little more seat friendly. There aren't very many spots to sit and enjoy your Chobani. Despite the small space, it's super delicious! I took my Peach & Almond Chobani to go and made my way to Koreatown.


I wouldn't be Marissa if I didn't get lost. When I hopped onto the subway, I was checking to see if it was going in the right direction. Next thing I knew the train was crossing the Brooklyn Bridge. Fail! I hopped off and got onto the right train. I arrived at Madangsui, a Korean BBQ restaurant, and greeted my friends. It was a great little reunion and delicious food!




Friday was a bit stressful. Crazy right?! I was on vacation and I was stressed. In between my joyful adventures in the city, I was finishing up some pre-training material. I had the week to finish it. I thought I was on top of it. I was waking up early and going to bed late. I was surprised at myself that I was able to wake up at 7AM and go to bed at 2AM. The stressful part was that I could not pass a quiz. I even went back to the material to look up the answers and still could not pass. Next thing I knew I was late for my friend's bachelorette party, and I even brilliantly forgot my ID at the apartment. Let alone, the outfit I was suppose to wear was way too wrinkled. I took a deep breathe. First, I decided to take the quiz again on Sunday. Second, I just wore the shirt I previously had worn. Third, I headed back to the apartment to grab my ID. Fourth, I was only half an hour late. Success! The night was really fun. I had some drinks and danced the night away with the soon to be Mrs. Chang. Most importantly I got home safely at 2:30AM.


No comments:

Post a Comment