Friday, August 30, 2013

Boston Time

My brother and I
I visited Boston, MA on my way to NYC. I got to catch up with my big bro bro, and I got to visit some of my favorite spots in Boston! First stop when I arrived, my brother, Matt and I got sushi from a cute little joint, Super Fusion Sushi, in Washington Square in Brookline. The menus were laminated and you have to use an expo marker to mark the nigiri, maki and/or rolls you would like. I don't know if it was because I had been at sea for so long or if it was just a Boston thing, but I never seen that order system done before. The sushi was delicious. Yum! Yum!
The next day we wandered around Coolidge Corner. I got myself a wonderful favorite of mine, banana and nutella crepe! I love crepes! Afterwards we walked around the local shops and I saw some unique stuff. I got a wedding card for my friends' wedding coming up. Lunch came around and off to Shake Shack we went. This was a new spot for my brother, Sarah and I. I had the Shroom Burger and a Shack-made Lemonade. All surprisingly scrumptious. Afterwards, we headed to Newbury Street! I love this area!!! It's one of my favorite neighborhoods in Boston to walk around in. You can always find something cute to buy. Sometimes it can make a dent in your wallet, but I find the stores there very unique. I bought a necklace to match my dress for the wedding I will be attending in NYC. We were all quite beat from doing a lot of walking. I made the executive decision to take a rest and head out again afterwards.

Shake Shack!
We returned to Coolidge Corner and ate at Regal Beagle. I had a wonderful and tasty Mac'n Cheese, Sarah had a salad and tasty salmon tartar, and my brother had his favorite scallops. Full from the delicious meal, we headed to the local theatre near by. We saw "The Way Way Back" with Steve Carell, Anna Sophia Robb, Sam Rockwell, Amanda Peet, and Toni Collette. It was an absolutely realistic and enjoyable movie. It was great to see Steve Carell in a dramatic roll. You guys should all check it out.
Picture from: http://bit.ly/14e3Gks

Sunday we started the day off in Chinatown to eat some dim sum. I must get my dim sum fix before heading back to sea. Then we took a short walk to the South End to walk around the SoWa Market. This is a great local market where you can get some groceries from the farmers' market and where you can find some unique arts and crafts goods. These goods include things from wire art or 3D print jewelry. Another great part of the SoWa Market is the Vintage Market. So much vintage packed into a grand hallway! Afterwards, I got my Mixx fix! Yummy! Then I got to check out where my brother works. That place is a shoe palace! I can't imagine how many shoes are created at Clarks and don't go out to market. It's a shoe playground at that office. On the way out I grab some coffee from the office's Starbucks machine. I love my Starbucks! Gold Member! Woot! Woot! Then I ran some errands with my brother. We ended the day with dinner at a Thai Restaurant called Rod Dee and an episode of Shark Week in the comfort of my brother's apartment.




The weekend always comes to an end. Luckily I had some work to do as my brother was at work on Monday. I had some pre-training work to do. When my brother came home from work, he, Sarah, and I headed to the North End for some Italian food. After some delicious pasta, we headed to get some dessert from Caffe Victtoria.


My time in Boston, MA had come to an end. Off to the big apple!

No comments:

Post a Comment